Here at the CNC, we are committed to continuously improving our website, ensuring that it is accessible to as many people as possible regardless of age, ability or access requirements.
The accessibility of the website has been considered and developed throughout the project, with reviews conducted throughout the design and development stages.
We aim to adhere where possible to the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG), published by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C). The guidelines provide detail on how to make a website and the content accessible for people with impairments and disabilities. Following these guidelines has assisted with providing an accessible website for all.
This website displays correctly in latest versions of the following browsers as of February 2016:
- Internet Explorer 11
- Chrome 48.0.2564.109
- Firefox 44.0.2
- Safari 9.0.2
The website has also been tested on mobile and tablet device platforms including iOS and Android.
Customise your settings
Settings on your computer can be changed within your browser to improve your viewing experience of the website. Here are some tips:
Increase font size
- Increase font size – hold down the ‘Ctrl’ key and press ‘+’
- Decrease font size – hold down the ‘Ctrl’ key and press ‘-’
- Increase font size – hold down the ‘cmd’ key and press ‘+’
- Decrease font size – hold down the ‘cmd’ key and press ‘-’
Personalise your browsing experience:
The latest browsers have different options and plugins that allow you to change the way you use and view websites. This could be to change the text size, page contrast, shortcuts and text readers.
Visit the following browser accessibility help pages for further information:
- Internet Explorer accessibility options http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/internet-explorer-accessibility-options#1TC=windows-7
- Google Chrome browser accessibility options http://www.google.com/accessibility/products/#blind-low-vision
- Firefox accessibility options https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/accessibility-features-firefox-make-firefox-and-we
Statement published in February 2016.